The Amaz!ng Meeting
Tonight I am heading to London for The Amaz!ng Meeting.
TAM London 2010 is a world-class fundraising conference which this year is being held on 16 – 17 October 2010 at the Hilton London Metropole hotel. Join amazing speakers and over 1000 like-minded delegates for a fundraising celebration of science, critical thinking and entertainment in the heart of the city.
That are some of my absolute heros, especially James Randi, he's really old but still one of the sharpest minds around.
I'm really lucky to have a cousin who lives in London and I can spend the night at her place. For me as a student the ticket price was really a shit load of money, £208.00 + the flight from and to Gothenburg in Sweden.
I'll update Twitter during the weekend, and you can see the updates here:
- Tomorrow I'll attend The Amaz!ng Meeting in London with Richard Dawkins, James Randi, Graham Linehan and many more #tamlondon
- @PatJer hinner inte, är på vägen till The Amaz!ng Meeting i London http://tamlondon.org #tamlondon
- I'm on my way to the city airport in Göteborg, then London and tomorrow #tamlondon I likes!!! http://yfrog.com/0yyamwtj
- Ok now I gave alcohol in my blood but I still will try to get on the plane :-D #tamlondon
- Ok, I am allowed to get onboard (plane) but without my toothpaste. #tamlondon
- Am I the only one flying from Gothenburg tonight to the Amaz!ng Meeting tomorrow? #tamlondon
- I'm on the plane! #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/3wrqxlj http://yfrog.com/n9eychj
- @vincekenny I'd love to because I don't know anyone at #tamlondon, it's my first time with other "professional" sceptics ;)
- I really have to get up now; only a few minutes to #tamlondon'
- Amazingly many hot women here at #tamlondon
- RT @Data_Jack: Sue Blackmore was funny & smart, Dawkins was facinating, Doctorow was too, but differently, and Rutherford was witty & scathing. #TAMLondon
- I like that Dawkins mentioned naturalism, because you never read about it in his books #tamlondon
- Te food was nice, but no vegetarian and nothing without carbs, yeh I know I'm being picky #tamlondon
- RT @medtek: Rude jerks took my bag out of my seat and claimed it. Now sat in back where I can't read lips. Assholes. #tamlondon
- You are here #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/e6adgj
- RT @Redjotter: learning about the @beagleproject #tamlondon
- Homeopathy and breastcancer #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/bfutrxj
- What does he mean by skeptical blogging? I think I need some links #tamlondon
- RT @homeopathyinfo: RT @lecanardnoir: Announcing the launch of the Nightingale Collaboration at #TAMLondon http://post.ly/14q3W <-- more harrassment of CAM
- RT @antallan: #TAMLondon JR talking about Uri Gellar on the Johnny Carson show (I think you can find this on YouTube)
- RT @colm_ryan: Wow, Rhys Morgan just won an outstanding achievement award for his exposure of a deadly Chromes Disease cure. He's 15. Electric. #tamlondon
- RT @PenguinGalaxy: #TAMLondon has opened my eyes to two amazing artists, the Amateur Transplants. You are hilarious geniuses. Want ALL your songs. :-D
- RT @GenesysX: RT @simonaway: Day 1 #TAMLondon. Loads of highlights plus a few moments thinking "some of these atheists act like religious fundamentalists"
- Talk about an infinite number of universes #tamlondon
- On my way to #tamlondon again http://yfrog.com/j8ntwyj
- RT @thatnerdwoman: Says @DJGrothe: All profits from #tamlondon and future #jref events here will in fact stay in the UK! Take that #tamlondon critics/whiners!!
- Scepticism is just ordinary common sense. #tamlondon
- RT @thatnerdwoman: I love me some bonkers physics factoids on an early sunday morning. No really, i actually mean that! #tamlondon
- RT @jacco: Wifi is quite unflawless #tamlondon
- Now Melinda Gebbie on stage. #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/htx45aj
- RT @iszi_lawrence: Porn! Yeah! That's more like it #tamlondon
- RT @alecmuffett: I rather like Melinda Gebbie... a quite magnificent lady #tamlondon
- RT @BENWARSOP: Seems Skeptics will discuss religion till the last trump but resist critical thinking about porn #TAMlondon. No irrational doublethink here
- RT @erik_arnesen: Now: Stephen Fry interwieved by Tim Minchin! #TAMLondon
- "Tell god to send better people" (to convert me) Stepen Fry @ #tamlondon
- Stephen Fry talks about Logic and I have to write a test in logic in four days at the university #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/59ofbxj
- #tamlondon now some lunch
- RT @edjeff: the skeptical movement is a front for satanists. doubters doubt yourselves not our lord. #TAMLondon
- I just accidentally flirted with Helen, Graham Linehans wife, she's really lovely #tamlondon
- PZ Mayers says "Do be a Richard" #tamlondon http://yfrog.com/j2vkzqj
- If we only work evidence based, like skeptics want it to do, would this not lead to technocracy? Which I consider a bad thing #tamlondon
- "Common sense - so rare it's a god damn superpower" #tamlondon
- RT @antallan: #tamlondon PZM: Scientists don’t have the (whole) truth, but a /path/ to the truth
- PZ Mayers wears a crocoduck tie #tamlondon
- Now Alan Moore, he's funny #tamlondon
- RT @garwboy: The Alan Moore theory of Universal origin makes so much sense, all of a sudden. #TAMLondon
- RT @GlasgowSkeptics: "back when we lived in the trees". Thought that his dad was referring to his family, not species. #TAMLondon
- RT @DrEvanHarris: At #tamlondon @jonronson & @Glinner agree "'Facebook is where u lie to yr friends, Twitter is where you're honest to strangers"
- RT @Zyaama: "You, with your rational worldview, and me with whatever I happen to believe this afternoon." #tamlondon
- RT @shopsinc: Alan Moore is making physics jokes about when he was a baby and fucking killing. Fantastic. #tamlondon
- RT @angusr: He's being very funny, but there's a lot in this about the nature of belief and situated knowledges. This is SUPERB. #TAMLondon
- @ZOMGitsCriss how do you know it? Prove it! I'm at #tamlondon
- RT @garwboy: The man responsible for some of the greatest writing of the 20th century is reading us bleak poem. Don't know why. Don't care. #TAMLondon
- Interview wit Alan Moore now #tamlondon
- #tamlondon is coming to an end :-(
- #tamlondon is now officially over, thankt it was Amaz!ng!!!
- RT @KerryMG: RT @kosso: Alan Moore I've never seen the Watchmen movie cos I prefer to critique something from a position of absolute ignorance #tamlondon
- RT @garwboy: Alan Moore waved goodbye like the Queen. Mad brilliant bastard... #TAMLondon
Some pictures on Flickr