This is my list, devided into categories:
- This American Life this is a really great one, very moving stories, a podcast where I sometimes have to hold back tears when I'm on the train or in a public place so people don't think I'm weird.
- Serial and S-Town A super well researched story recorded for a full season of about 12 episodes. Those are some of the people which are also behind This American Life. Really good quality and emerging stories.
- PetaPixel Photography Podcast Photography news, I like it a lot more than reading their blog because it's funny and condensed, and if I want to know more about a topic I can read about it later.
- BeerSmith Podcast The author of the BeerSmith software which helps you to create and find recipies for homebrewing interviews people from the beer brewing community. They then talk about brewing different beer styles, but also jump deep in in different topics around brewing like water quality, etc.
- Hoaxilla - Der skeptische Podcast (German) Two skeptics taking on one urban legend per episode, really well researched they demystify many of them.
- Jeenas Excellent Encounters This is my own podcast where I interview people who I find enteresting, every episode is about a different topic.
- Orbiter Dictum (Swedish) Two journalists talk about pop culture, sometimes they have special episodes about a specific topit but the normal episodes often about current movies, books and music.
- Linux Unplugged They talk about news within the Linux community, mostly opinions are being exchanged, sometimes they have people from the community and interview them about their projects. A interesting twist is that they have an audience live connected via Mumble so the audience often is part of the show too.
- Accidental Tech Podcast Marco Arment, Casey Liss and John Siracusa talking mostly about Apple, Google and other tech things, sometimes they talk about cars.
- Hanselminutes Scott works at Microsoft and in his podcast he interviews people about some technology, mostly within programming. The really cool thing is that he invites a really diverse guests, a lot of women, people of different colors and so on, which is seldom within tech podcasts.
- Chaosradio (German) People from the Chaos Computer Club Berlin talk about different technologies and the impact of politics on them.
- FLOSS Weekly Discussions about Free Libre and Open Source Software, often they have guests on and talk about a specific project.
- Linux Action News Weekly Linux news analysis, very informative if you want to stay up to date about the Linux community.
- Aufwachen! (German) Twice a week two journalists analyse the german public news. Quite funny style and by listening to it you don't need to watch the news yourself.
- Der Lila Podcast (German) Current political and cultural debates from a feminist perspective.
- Alternativlos! (German) Published rather seldom but when very long and deep analysys of current political topics.
Comedy / Philosophy
- WTF with Marc Maron Marc is a standup comic and interviews celebreties about their lifes, once he even had Obama in his garage where he records his show two times a week.
- Tankesmedian (Swedish) A humor and satire radio program about news, current topics and public debates with focus on domestic policy.
- The Flop House Three camics are watching critical or commercial flops, and then discussing those terrible movies for you to enjoy in your ear-holes. Also they talk a lot about random bullshit in between.
- Modern Day Philosophers A standup comedian invites other comedians to his show to first interview them about their life and then “pairs” them with a philosopher to then examine and discuss.
- Montrealsauce The hosts invite makers and creatives and interview them about their projects.
- Oh My Dollar! The host is a professional financial advicer and she gives jargon-free, approachable money tips with a dash of glitter.
How about you?
It would be cool to see your list of podcasts you listen to, I shure am in new ones. If you write one, don't hesitate to link back to me and notify me via the form at the bottom of this page.